MRC Global Summit
MRC’s Global Summit will teach you the myofunctional evaluation system that identifies breathing and myofunctional problems limiting facial growth and causing malocclusion, as well as provide you with the ability to treat myofunctional problems evident in almost every child.
The five-day summit includes workshops on how to diagnose and treat airway dysfunction, TMJ Disorder and malocclusion, as well as advanced orthodontic and expansion techniques. MRC CEO & Founder, Dr. Chris Farrell, will be a key presenter, along with leading myofunctional orthodontic practitioners.
- Pediatric sleep evaluation & treatment with The Myobrace®System;
- Identifying breathing and myofunctional disorders as a causative factor in malocclusion, orthodontic relapse and OSA in adults;
- Myobrace® protocols and cases;
- Implementing Myobrace® into the pediatric practice with a health focus;
- Learning The Myobrace®System from the Myobrace® website;
- Myotalea® appliance;
- Implementing the sleep appliances;
- Clinic tours;
- TMJ disorder, anxiety and breathing disorders;
- Ankyloglossia in pediatric patient;
- Adult sleep apnea: diagnosis and treatment protocols for the ENT;
- Myofunctional Orthodontic Evaluation (MOE), compliance and activities;
- Approaching breathing, orthodontic and TMJ problems from the perspective of world leading experts;
- The orthotropic approach to facial growth;
- Airway and the Role of the orthodontists in complete health;
- Demystifying the evaluation and diagnosis of TMJBDS (TMJ, Breathing and Disordered Sleep);
- Muscle and joint palpation;
- Malocclusion caused by incorrect myofunctional habits and how to reconcile the problem;
- The keys of myofunctional orthodontics when addressing Class III;
- Pediatric BDS treatment.
Dr Chris Farrell
Dr Chris Farrell graduated from Sydney University in 1971 having gained a comprehensive knowledge of traditional orthodontics using the BEGG technique. Through clinical experience, Dr Farrell took an interest in TMJ/TMD disorder and, following further research, he discovered the aetiology of malocclusion and TMJ disorder was myofunctional, contradicting the established views of his profession. Dr Farrell founded Myofunctional Research Co. (MRC) in 1989 to develop myofunctional appliances that would prove effective in early orthodontic treatment. His Trainer and Myobrace® appliance systems are now used by orthodontists and dentists in more than 100 countries around the world.